According to reports from Turkey, Besiktas chief, Fikret Orman is in London in order to secure a deal for Chelsea’s midfielder, Cesc Fabregas. Fabregas has failed to cement a place in Chelsea’s starting lineup this season, and is said to be looking for a move away.
Galatasaray had been linked with a move for the 29 year old, but it seem that Besiktas has taken a more serious approach by jetting into to London for discussions with the player and his club.
Besiktas want to make a marquee signing for next season as they hope to continue dominating the Turkish league for the foreseeable future, and Fabregas fits the bill for them. They hope to tempt him with regular football as a well as the appeal of European football next season.
Fabregas has not been trusted enough by Italian manager, Antonio Conte. Despite scoring his team’s only goal in their match against Crystal Palace on Sunday, he is still not considered a first team player by Conte. Fabregas is said to be unimpressed by the minor role he is playing under Conte.
He is believed to enjoy staying in London, and would not mind joining another English team, but with only Besiktas willing to buy him at this time, he may consider their offer.